Hi. I’m Juan. Juan Manuel Garcia, actually, but just call me Juan.
When I was very, very young I was moved by anything and everything creative around me: People, places, magazines, ads, billboards, TV, comedy, movies… anything visually beautiful.
I still am.
“If you see something that moves you, and then snap it, you keep a moment.”
~ Linda McCartney
We all want to be moved – to feel like we’re in the moment and that it’s taking us on a journey. And a perfectly timed, expertly executed photograph can keep that moment alive forever. You know this as well as we do – reliving beautiful moments can take you back there: make you smile, laugh, cry, giggle (you’re adorable when you giggle).
I chose to be a photographer (or, rather, it chose me). It was something that came to me very clearly one day. Out with Law school in with Photography School. I attended the Ada Sacchi school of photography in Argentina and was lucky enough to study under the genius of Ada Sacchi and Dario Rial. They always told me that a teacher can’t teach creativity – but they can show us the path and leave us to use our natural tools and abilities to walk it ourselves. (I thank them both every day for their wise advice and great inspiration)
From there I continued to study and work with exceptional photographers in Argentina, Italy and the Caribbean, spending more than 10 years travelling and working as a photographer all over the world. I excelled at shooting corporate advertisements, events and fashion before finding my true passion: People. All kinds of people, couples, babies and families. This is where my passion for special moments photography really became clear. I love to capture passion & love. What can I say… I’m a romantic.
Photography has changed my life. It made me a better person. It made me think about our surroundings and how we impact the world. It made me see life as an amazingly fragile gift. Photography brought me the love of my life. I couldn’t do anything else.
So now, I’m a professional wedding and special moments photographer in Ottawa, Canada, married (to the eternally beautiful Maddy) with a cat named “Sasha” and our newest addition”Penelope”, a very charismatic dachshund. We thrive on creative challenges, capturing those fleeting moments and changing them into forever moments.
18 Things you should know about Juan:
- I am hilarious
- I love to laugh
- I don’t play soccer (Yes, I AM latino, I promise…)
- I believe creativity exists in every moment and we just need to find it
- I have an accent – it’s been called “adorable”
- I am my own worst critic
- I will never be done learning about photography
- I fell in love with the love of my life and moved to Canada to be with her
- I have been professionally shooting for more than 10 years
- I am from Argentina and I speak Spanish, English and Italian
- I get very upset when I don’t know something, so…
- I research everything
- I know that I can capture your most important moments in ways you never dreamed possible
- I work with 20 amazing couples every year
- I love to travel, so…
- I am available for local and international assignments
- I’d love to answer all your questions
- I am patient (but you should call me soon)